Total Views

Monday, July 8, 2024

Smoking Dragon

When I began this painting, I intended to use minimal detail. However, once I started, my OCD set in, and I found myself adding more and more intricacies. Like many of my previous works, this painting became a journey of discovery. I had painted a dragon scene 15 years ago, hoping my experience would make this piece go smoother. That was wishful thinking. Despite my initial plans, I couldn't resist adding details, making the process both challenging and enjoyable.

A few years ago, I wrote a short novella about a dragon and wanted to illustrate it, but my drawing skills were worse than those of a pre-K child. Only recently have I begun incorporating a more illustrative style into my projects. This painting was made for my eldest grandson, who loves reading about the many adventures of dragons. 

 
Smoking Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tortoiseshell Cat

When starting an animal portrait, my process begins with selecting reference photos that clearly capture the pet's unique expression, pa...