Total Views

Monday, June 17, 2024

How AI Revitalized My Dragon Art

Lately, I've been experimenting with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to see how it can assist when I'm stuck or struggling to find inspiration for my artwork. In the past, when I needed ideas for a painting, I would google descriptions and sift through the images that appeared, using them as a tool to spark my creativity. However, I've discovered that AI is much faster and more precise. Here is the beginning stage of my latest painting on a 24 x 36 canvas. Will post more later when complete.


Apps like Playground can do the heavy lifting for you. All you need to do is write a descriptive narrative of what you’re looking for, and within seconds, an image is generated. While it may not be exactly what you envisioned, it often comes very close. This new approach to generating imagery is incredibly efficient.


Update: I recently added my star of this painting; Dragon and Knight. Eventually, I will add more detail and characters later to share with you as I progress. 

One of my favorite parts of a painting is the planning stage. Generally, I stockpile several photos found online and use as inspiration. Now using AI; gathering photos couldn’t be easier. 

 Many artist use a thumbnail pre-sketch before placing on canvas. Personally, I like to wing it or in other words not plan it out on paper first but see what transforms in real-time on canvas. 

Painting progress continues. Transformation of color blocking begins. 
More to come…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How AI Revitalized My Dragon Art

Lately, I've been experimenting with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to see how it can assist when I'm stuck or struggling to find insp...