Total Views

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oily Face

Once the acrylic dries (which only takes minutes instead of days or weeks) I begin using oil. I may not appreciate the length of time oil dries, however, I do appreciate the smoothness of this medium.

As you can see oil creates a smoother finish on the subject's face. The next several stages will be adding one layer at a time. Hopefully, with each layer the portrait will become more realistic. At least that is my goal.

One of the things I anticipate along the way our little mistakes and as Bob Ross states, They are "Happy Mistakes"! Got to love that guy, God rest his soul!


First layer of oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...