Total Views

Monday, May 27, 2024

Rock Out

What do rocks and art have in common? They can be hard, thrown, rough, smooth, deep, shallow, slick, and vary in shape, color, texture, style, dimension, and weight.

This painting came together as a study for a larger piece I had been working on at the time. Creating realistic-looking water is a challenge, but painting rocks in a stream of moving water is mind-bending for a novice.

The takeaway from this experiment in rock painting was that it was an interesting attempt that I actually liked, even though it did not turn out as intended. What I liked about this monochromatic project before adding color was how the rocks looked in depth. When adding color, the rocks gained a shiny texture by applying white to the edges. That small gesture made a big difference in the dimensional perspective. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How AI Revitalized My Dragon Art

Lately, I've been experimenting with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to see how it can assist when I'm stuck or struggling to find insp...