Total Views

Monday, June 10, 2024

Alchemy of Mediums

This piece was an exploration into the dynamic interplay of natural latex liquid, tube watercolor paint, and copper leaf sheets. With minimal prior experience in these mediums, I embarked on this experimental journey to observe their synergies and how they would manifest on the canvas.

Beginning with a delicate application of liquid latex, I allowed it to organically spread across the pristine white canvas, manipulating its flow through subtle tilts and controlled movements. Employing a straw, I introduced air currents to further animate the liquid, imbuing it with a sense of motion and vitality.

Once the latex had set, I applied tube watercolor paint, allowing its pigments to interact with the textured surface created by the latex. As the paint dried, I carefully peeled away sections of the latex, revealing intricate shapes and patterns beneath the rich hues of dark blue and purple. To enhance the visual complexity, I introduced vibrant tones of red, orange, and yellow, layering them to create depth and contrast.

Finally, to add a touch of opulence and intrigue, I adorned the center of the composition with delicate copper leaf, elevating the overall aesthetic and inviting further exploration of the piece's nuanced details.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How AI Revitalized My Dragon Art

Lately, I've been experimenting with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to see how it can assist when I'm stuck or struggling to find insp...