Total Views

Sunday, September 20, 2009


I couldn't believe my eyes...

Around 7:00 a.m. my daily routine begins with making coffee. While, I was filling my filter with coffee grounds something caught my attention. I stopped what I was doing and looked out my kitchen window. On a typically normal day, I would see our wooded backyard with our pond tucked nicely between a canopy of trees and landscape. Hidden...almost, or at least so I thought!
There, standing next to our beautiful pond was the worst possible predator our Koi and Gold fish could ever image...Heron! I opened my patio doors and SHOUTED. The Heron did not budge instead he lowered his long neck out of my site. Sensing, what was to come! Horrified, I felt helpless as I stood watching my pet fish, my husband and I nurtured for the past 5 years was about to be breakfast for a hungry Heron. I quickly ran from the house hoping to save the fish. As, I got close to the Heron he had already plucked a Gold fish from the pond. The Heron stood his ground, his beady little eyes watching me. I tried to scare him in hopes he would drop the fish but it was too late he turned and flew off with fish in beak! It was a sad day indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alaska

Alaska, embraced by deep blue seas and towering, majestic mountains. Out on the water, fishing for clusters of salmon or halibut to sell at ...