Total Views

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Abstract "Mindless Spiral"

After my last painting,"Autumn Bliss", I needed to change things up! I wanted to clear my thoughts of the previous painting and take on a project that I call mindless, with very little thought or prep. In this painting, I began with flowers which quickly turned into spirals because I did not like the shape of the blooms. So I swirled the colors around and liked what was happening to the painting. Painting was done in oils.


After I swirled the colors together I was not sure where to go next with this painting. I just kept adding deeper reds, oranges, and continued playing with different colors.
"Mindless Spiral"







 
 
 
 
 
 
Finished! What I love about this painting is that it can be placed on the wall in any direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...