Total Views

Monday, July 23, 2012

"Mt Palisades" Completed



This painting has undergone numerous transformations, and as of now, it stands as a completed piece! Initially, my perspective was skewed by the amalgamation of two photos. The interplay of lighting, shadows, and the arrangement of foliage led to a series of evolving changes in the piece.





Before painting over the foliage on the left side of the painting, I found it to be overly busy. However, after making the adjustment, I found myself wishing I had left it untouched. Adding more paint created an unintended texture to the leaves, resulting in an appearance that didn't quite sit well with the overall composition. Ah, the joys of the learning curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...