Total Views

Monday, July 23, 2012

Self-Portrait. 17th Century Style

Beginning of glazing application



Beginning of self-portrait

The only aspect of this painting that resonated with me was the dress. Despite my efforts to achieve accurate proportions, I found myself struggling. In frustration, I resorted to tracing other images to ensure my painting resembled the individual rather than a monstrous interpretation.

Despite dedicating ample time to sketching my subjects, I continually fall short of capturing their essence. However, I recognize that patience and practice are essential companions on the journey to mastery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Projector: The Good, Bad, and Helpful

In my artistic journey, I've evolved from doodling on paper to using digital tools like Procreate on my tablet for sketching, painting, ...