Total Views

Friday, April 30, 2010

My First Oil Portrait!


 
This is my latest project. I enjoyed working with oil on my last painting thought I would give it another try. The portrait is of my son. Since his graduation is right around the corner I thought he might like a painting of himself...RIGHT :)
 
Painting a portrait in oils have been a challenge, however, I love the creamy texture and the ease of blending. On the flip side, I am impatient and want to keep painting and find that the colors get muddy. So I guess I need to wait for layers to dry before I move on. I'll post more pictures as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...