Total Views

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Beginning Of "Passage Into Palisades"

Image outline
(Fig. 2)



I feel the most difficult part of beginning a project is choosing the right image. For me, I need to look at picture or an inspirational piece as a starting point. For this particular project, I chose a photo I took of my daughter while we were out hiking in the beautiful Mississippi Palisade Park. 

For a quick start I enlarged the original 8x10 photo into four 8x10 sections (Fig. 2) and placed together to form one large photo. Next, I used tracing paper to trace the outline of the image onto a 24x18 canvas. This allowed me to place the image proportionately without much fuss, plus it was quick and easy. Some call this cheating, I call it being efficient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...