Total Views

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Adding darker values to the background


Continue adding darker layers

As I continued adding darker values I noticed my painting was not looking like I wanted. The more color I used in the background for the distant trees became to close and crisp. So I decided to do a wash of white mixed with water and painted over the background. At first, I was not sure this would work but after the painting dried it appeared further away and that is what I wanted. However, it was not exactly what I wanted, so I continued experimenting with different colored washes until I found one that worked. However, I believe it was culmination of colors that made the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...