Total Views

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Enhancing Folds And Lettering

Enhancing folds and lettering

At this stage, I wanted to give more depth to the t-shirt. First, I enhanced the folds by using a lighter shade of blue gray for the darkest part of the folds. Then I mixed various shades of white mixed with gray for the lightest part of the folds. Once the folds were complete I focused on the lettering. I mixed a combination of orange, burnt umber, Payne's gray, and white until I was satisfied with the end result. When mixing the paint for the folds and lettering I watered down the acyclic paint until the consistency was similar to watercolor. I applied several thin applications until the lettering began to take shape and color was where I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...