Total Views

Monday, October 5, 2009

Fred Schwengel Memorial Bridge


My latest painting is of the Interstate 80 bridge, better known as the "Fred Schwengel Memorial Bridge". My husband and I have a home not far from this bridge, so I thought it might be an interesting but challenging subject to paint. My favorite image of this bridge is as the night falls and city lights reflect off the water creating a kaleidoscope effect over the Mississippi. Originally, I wanted to paint the night scape but my camera (Kodak DX7590) was not able to capture the true essence of what I was seeing. The photograph that served as inspiration predates the bustling development and tourism surge in Le Claire, Iowa.


2024 Update:
Most mobile smartphones have cameras that capture images as good as a DSLR digital single-lens reflex) camera. Image of Fred Schwendel Bridge at dusk.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint-Along-YouTube

This painting was created with help from an YouTube tutorial. Link:  Y.V.N Art .  Viktor Yushkevich Nikolavich's instructional video str...