Total Views

Monday, April 1, 2024

Client's Pet Portrait Saga

Single photo 
Finished painting














When a hair client sought a pet portrait for her deceased German Shorthair dog, I eagerly accepted the project. Little did I know the hurdles awaiting me. Since the beloved pet had passed away, the available images were limited, with only a striking close-up capturing her essence. Other photos lacked the necessary angles, making the composition tricky.

Lacking sketching prowess, I relied on tracing for accuracy. The client's request for a countryside backdrop added complexity. Hunting online for fitting backgrounds and dog poses became my mission.

Months passed, and numerous revisions ensued. Seeking advice online and from the client yielded mixed results. Despite contemplating starting afresh, I persevered. Surprisingly, the client loved the initial version before my numerous alterations. Taking a brief break, I returned to refine colors, backgrounds, and techniques.

Finally, the finished piece brought joy. Her smile mirrored my relief, marking the triumphant end to a challenging endeavor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Alaska

Alaska, embraced by deep blue seas and towering, majestic mountains. Out on the water, fishing for clusters of salmon or halibut to sell at ...