Total Views

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Birdhouse Mania

After crafting the cardinal bird feeder, I found immense joy in curating themes for birdhouses. One destination that has long intrigued me is "The Temple Bar" in Ireland. Although visiting remains on my bucket list, I channeled my enthusiasm by painting a birdhouse reminiscent of this iconic pub.

With a proud Irish heritage and a fondness for spirits, I felt compelled to create yet another birdhouse, affectionately named "The Shamrock Pub."

These birdhouses were a huge hit during last year's Christmas festivities, particularly during our family's white elephant gift exchange. Witnessing the excitement and banter over who would claim them was truly a delight. Ultimately, my eldest ended up with them all, now proudly showcased in her kitchen.

Following a special request, I embarked on another painting endeavor, this time capturing the essence of San Francisco, a city close to someone's heart. Each side of the birdhouse was adorned with beloved landmarks and cherished memories from the vibrant streets of SF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diving Sea Turtle

Oh ancient sea turtle, free and bold, Diving to the depths untold, Rising high with grace and might, To nest upon the shore at night. Lay yo...