Total Views

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Unconventional Creativity

How could a painting undergo such a dramatic transformation? That question haunts me every time I gaze upon it in its current state. Initially, I had captured a serene scene of a mother goose and her goslings gliding peacefully along the Mississippi shoreline in a photograph, envisioning it as the perfect subject for a painting.

Over the course of four years, I made numerous attempts to bring this vision to life on canvas, only to have the original concept ultimately lost forever. As I've noted in my blog previously, when faced with uncertainty in my painting process, my creations often veer into the realm of the bizarre, resulting in an unintended and often disappointing transformation. Below, I present the various iterations of this once-promising 48” x 24” canvas painting.

You might be curious why I don't simply begin anew on a fresh canvas. Primarily, it's because I aim to repurpose and salvage what I've already started. Additionally, I find it beneficial for practicing techniques or illustrating subjects without squandering another canvas.

The intended subject 

Original 

Complete

Fig 1

Fig 2


Fig 3


Fig 4

Fig 5

Fig 6

Fig 7 

Fig 8







No comments:

Post a Comment

Coastal Song

In the early morning's hush, Sunlight bursts through clouds like diamonds, A dazzling awakening, a radiant blush, Upon a world just waki...