Total Views

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Country Living


Growing up, I didn't live on a farm like my closest relatives did, but most summers, we'd visit my aunts, uncles, and cousins. There's something special about the rhythm of farm life and each season. The smell of freshly turned earth and manure after a plow – Dad used to say, "Smell that fresh country air." My gag reflex got the best of me back when I was a kid, but now, I don't mind the scent as it brings back nostalgic memories of simpler times. From the crack of dawn to the golden hues of sunset, farm life is filled with honest toil and simple pleasures. Whether it's tending to crops, caring for animals, or fixing up the old barn, every day presents its own set of challenges and rewards. And let's not forget those cozy evenings by the fire, swapping stories with family and friends. Farm life may be tough at times, but it's also deeply fulfilling and downright beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diving Sea Turtle

Oh ancient sea turtle, free and bold, Diving to the depths untold, Rising high with grace and might, To nest upon the shore at night. Lay yo...