Total Views

Monday, March 18, 2024

This Blog is Boggy


After 15 years, I had hoped that writing would become more effortless. I anticipated that blogging would no longer feel like wading through mud, yet my content remains sloppy, murky, and occasionally redundant.

Originally, I created this blog in (2009-My Artful Journey) to share photos, thoughts and art with family and a few friends. Once Facebook gained popularity and friends began sharing lifestyles and family photos. I jump onboard and eventually lost interest in blogging.

Now, I am back, wading through the marshlands of muck again. Oh, well. And yet, here I am, still working creating this blog. 

Searching the web for ideas and watching; "How to videos" all great ways to suck time and get little accomplished. In a nutshell, write what you are passionate...blah, blah, blah! 

That is exactly what I was hoping to create with Recreational Art. All those happy family photos. Until a darkness settled in and family troubles began. Consuming my creative energy draining the color from my life.

Once I discovered how much I enjoyed painting; it became my guiding light. Which helped push past those dark days of self-pity and turning my perspective into a positive experience. Learning a new skill, acrylic painting.  

Art has become my passion and creates a true happiness in my heart. I may not be a known artist like one of my favs, Van Gogh, but I can relate to his struggles, with the loss of his family, mental illness and passion. 

Every day is a journey out from the muddy bogs but I force myself to rise up and go forward searching for the color in the sunrise. Hoping to collect more memories to paint for inspirations to leave behind the sadness.

Thank you for looking through my blog. May you find some inspiration; especially those that may want to start their artful journey. Just begin and feel your way through. 

Happy Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Diving Sea Turtle

Oh ancient sea turtle, free and bold, Diving to the depths untold, Rising high with grace and might, To nest upon the shore at night. Lay yo...