Total Views

Monday, March 18, 2024

Where? Oh! Where? Is This Painting Going To End?


Do you remember this painting I posted in 2012? Well, I had this painting tucked away for nearly a decade before deciding to repaint portions of this piece. Below, show the changes. Yes, there is a creepy silhouette peeping photographer hiding in the lower left corner of painting. 

Why? When I work on problem pieces; often times, I add silly or weird images for interest before totally painting over the whole thing.

Still, I am not satisfied and most likely will repaint in the future. As it is now, the paint is very thick and will most likely crack, eventually. I began this piece in acrylic then changed over to oil. There are textures added from a palette knife also heavy brush strokes. The canvas weight is heavy due to the many layers of oil. I enjoy running my hands over the rough textures of paint created through the years. Like scars the texture adds interest to some or a mess to others. 

Maybe, I will post again in another decade to more changes I will make to this painting.  It needs a name. Any ideas?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diving Sea Turtle

Oh ancient sea turtle, free and bold, Diving to the depths untold, Rising high with grace and might, To nest upon the shore at night. Lay yo...